MAX14883E delivers ±60V fault protection, selectable polarity, and robust communications to reduce installation errors
Beijing, China—September 19, 2017—Reduce installation errors for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and building automation systems with the MAX14883E Control Area Network (CAN) transceiver from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
Nowadays, CAN is widely deployed in various industrial applications. In extreme industrial environments, operators can incorrectly connect the CANH (CAN Bus Line High) and CANL (CAN Bus Line Low) lines when installing their systems. As a result, users have the potential of spending valuable time and money uncovering the issue of an incorrect installation which can increase field returns and the risk of communication failures.
The MAX14883E with selectable polarity and high-speed CAN transceiver is optimized for industrial network applications to reduce installation errors and ensure robust communications. It features a polarity selection input (POL) to swap the CANH and CANL I/Os and allow for software correction of cross-wired field cables. In addition, the MAX14883E features ±60V of fault protection, high ±22kV ESD protection (HBM), and ±25V of common mode range on the CANH and CANL lines to ensure robust communications. The transceiver operates at the maximum CAN high-speed data rate (up to 1Mbps on small networks) from a single 5V supply (VCC) and includes a logic-level supply input (VL) for interfacing with 1.8V to 5V logic. The MAX14883E is available in a narrow, 8-pin SOIC package and operates over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Smart: Integrated selectable polarity reversal
- Robust: ±60V of fault protection, ±22kV ESD protection (HBM), ±25V of common mode range
- Flexible: Logic interface simplifies designs, from 1.71V to 5.5V logic-supply (VL) range
- “We have focused on smart integration to simplify installation and enable robust communications for our customers,” said Jeff DeAngelis, Managing Director of Business Management at Maxim Integrated.
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX14883E is available for $1.36 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim’s website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX14883EEVKIT evaluation kit is available for $99
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world.