Anritsu have announced that visitors to ECOC 2018 (24-26 September, Rome, Italy) will be able to see demonstrations of the brand new 64GBaud PAM4 Pulse Pattern Generator for the MP1900A Signal Quality Analyser-R. The MP1900A series is a high-performance Bit Error Rate Tester (BERT) that accurately measures communications equipment, next-generation high-speed electronic and optical devices, including those for M2M and IoT applications, and optical transceivers used in high-end servers.
The new 64GBaud PAM4 PPG card for the MP1900A Signal Quality Analyser-R is an R&D, high-performance PRBS Signal Generator supporting signal integrity evaluation on high-speed interfaces. The new PPG pluggable card offers switchable NRZ and PAM4 signal generation, 4Tap Emphasis function, PAM4 independent 3-eye amplitude adjustment, extremely low intrinsic jitter, high speed Tr/Tf.
A first demonstration will prove the new 64G PAM4 MP1900A extremely high quality PAM4 and NRZ signals up to 64 GBaud, for signal integrity and compliancy testing towards the latest standards in 200G, 400G and 800G transmission.
In a second joint demonstration with Teledyne-LeCroy, the MP1900A SQA-R Platform, ready for PCIe Gen3, Gen 4 and Gen 5, will be shown in full automatic calibration, Rx/Tx Device testing, Link Training verification and Jitter Tolerance validation. The stressed signal calibration will be performed on a Teledyne-LeCroy LabMaster oscilloscope with a single SW tool controlling the whole test system.
Three more setups will focus on demonstrating the MP1900A SQA-R flexibility, proving complete support for:
- Electrical 28GBaud PAM4 SerDes validation, in conjunction with eSilicon’s Brunello ADC/DAC DSP based Long Reach SerDes in 7nm FinFET technology, that operates seamlessly from 3.5-to-60Gb/s and consumes less than 250mW at 56Gb/s. We will prove end to end PAM4 transmission from Anritsu’s 32GBaud G0375A Amplified PAM4 Combiner to eSilicon’s SerDes, showcasing high performance equalization/compensation for loss channels
- Optical 53GBaud PAM4 TOSA validation, in conjunction with Oclaro’s 53GBaud Transmitter Optical Sub-Assembly (TOSA). Anritsu’s 64G MP1900A will generate the electrical signal and Anritsu’s MP2110A BertWave will demonstrate its new capability of PAM4 Signal Analysis up to 53GBaud.
- Optical 25-28Gbps Stressed Eye Generation, in conjunction with IXBlue’s ModBox-OBand-28Gbaud-PAM4 Reference Transmitter. In this setup, Anritsu and IXBlue will demonstrate a joint test system to generate IEEE Standard’s Optical Stressed Eye. The stressed eye will be analyzed on Anritsu’s MP2110A BertWave’s simultaneous optical eye waveform and jitter analysis.
Visitors to the Anritsu stand will also be able to see two new additions to the wide range of testing solutions:
- The 100G Multirate Module for the Network Master™ Pro MT1000A all-in-one tester, which now supports eCPRI and IEEE 1914.3 Signal Generation and Analysis up to 25Gbps, for next generation Mobile FrontHaul networks. With this new addition, the MT1000A is the ideal solution for system proving and installation/maintenance of next to come 5G converged wireline/wireless networks, supporting IoT, Automotive and Edge Computing applications
- The new MT9085A Series Access Master, the latest evolution of the historical high performance Anritsu OTDR, now offering a wide 8-inch color touchscreen display for enhanced operation, and integrating Anritsu’s innovative Fiber Visualizer, while maintaining portability and high end performances.